Terms and Conditions
Thanet Dog Walking Terms and Conditions
- The term ‘Thanet Dog Walking’ refers to the sole proprietor of Thanet Dog Walking.
- The term ‘Owner’ refers to the person of whom the dog/ pet belongs, or who that dog’s/ pet’s responsibility has been charged to whilst employing the services of Thanet Dog Walking.
Bookings & Cancellation:-
- Please use formal channels (a phone call or through our website) when booking or cancelling a service. Bookings and cancellations are only confirmed once Thanet Dog Walking has replied.
- If for some reason you have to cancel a walk/ service, please give us as much notice as possible, however the dead line is 18:00 the previous day. If you fail to let us know by 18:00 the previous day, you will be charged 50% of the service fee (as service slot will have been held for you).If you cancel on the day the service is booked for or forget to cancel altogether and Thanet Dog Walking go to see your pet and they aren’t there or do not need walking, you will be charged 100% of the service fee (this is also the case if Thanet Dog Walking come to see to your pet and we cannot access the property).
Health & Safety:-
- By law, all dogs must be microchipped.
Injury, Risk & Liability:-
- Thanet Dog Walking makes every effort to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make direct contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. Owner is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred by Thanet Dog Walking.
- Owner is to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic problems which might make your dog not suitable for walking including behavioural or health problems, antisocial behaviour including aggression, incontinence or lack of house training, unwarranted loud barking or whining and excessive pulling on the lead.
- While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your dog is not placed in the company of aggressive or violent animals and will immediately remove your dog from any fight with another animal, Thanet Dog Walking shall not be liable for any damage caused should your dog instigate fights with other animals or should your dog be injured by another animal while in Thanet Dog Walkings care.
- Owner accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage caused by their dog whilst being walked. Thanet Dog Walking is not held accountable for vet fees or third party claims whilst your dog is in our care.
- Thanet Dog Walking is insured by Protectivity
Off lead walks:-
- Thanet Dog Walking only exercise your dog off their lead where you have authorised us to do so. Should you give such authorisation, we will make sure they are exercised in suitable environments such as local parks, forest trails, the beach and other dog friendly areas.
- You acknowledge that even well trained dogs are instinctive and not always controllable by the walker even when the highest level of care is provided. Thanet Dog Walking are not liable should your dog run away and/or injure themselves, cause any damage or injure a third party.
- Thanet Dog Walking will only let your dog off the lead if they feel they have good recall.
- Prices are as advertised on the Thanet Dog Walking website. Please visit the “Price List” page on the website to view them fully.
- Thanet Dog Walkings rates are very competitive and are non-negotiable.
- All prices are subject to change. Owner will be given at least 30days notice of any price changes.
- Owner will be responsible for all your pet(s) veterinary costs and Thanet Dog Walking shall not be required to incur these costs on your behalf.
-Owner is responsible for providing and paying for all treats/ food/ cat litter and other required items necessary to provide adequate care for the pet. If Thanet Dog Walking needs to purchase items which have not been left available, receipts for purchases will be provided and Owner will reimburse Thanet Dog Walking within 14 days.
-Payment is due within 14 days of service being provided
Flexibility is required:-
- Dogs may be walked solo or in small groups, this will depend upon preference, availability and dog behaviours
- Your booked time is only an estimation and whilst we make every effort to arrive at the time given, road conditions and unforeseen circumstances may delay us, so please allow up to 45 minutes after your booked time slot for Thanet Dog Walking to arrive.
- In adverse weather conditions please understand that we are still open and may be slightly delayed.
- We reserve the right in extreme weather conditions such as thunder & lightening, heavy snow or icy roads/pavement, extreme heat to cut a walk short for the safety of both walker and dog.
-On the rare occasion Thanet Dog Walking are unable to visit your dog due to extreme weather, illness or for any other reason, we will contact you as soon as possible in order to arrange alternative care.
- Owner should be happy for their dog to wear one a padded harnesses if needed as it makes the walk more comfortable for both walker and dog, provided by Owner if a necessity.
- Owner should be happy for Thanet Dog Walking to take photos and videos of their dog (which may be used on social media, greetings cards, advertisements etc). If you’d prefer us not to use photos of your pet, please let Thanet Dog Walking know when booking.
- Owner should provide Thanet Dog Walking with a set of keys prior to first walk/ visit
- Thanet Dog Walking will keep keys safely stored accessible by Thanet Dog Walking only, and keys will only be returned to the party that provided the keys in the first instance, unless written and signed permission is provided.
-Owner should ensure Thanet Dog Walking is given alarm and access codes to enable access to property to collect/ feed pets
-All the information we ask for when you book a service through Thanet Dog Walking is password protected and is not shared with anyone outside the company.